If you haven’t done so, be sure to register for IABC’s 2020 Leadership Institute (#IABCLI) in Austin on Feb. 20–22 to network with fellow leaders, build strong relationships, and learn new skills useful in your IABC position and beyond. #IABCLI will kick off on Thursday, Feb. 20 at 5 p.m. CST and will end on Saturday, Feb. 22, at 1 p.m. CST.
- Register by Thursday, Dec. 14, 2019, to take advantage of the early-bird price of $199. After that, registration climbs to $299!
- IABC International is making scholarships available to attend the conference. Apply online by the deadline—Dec. 1, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
- And be sure to make your hotel reservations at $245/night before the conference block for the Austin Westin Downtown fills up!
#IABCLI is great for not only making friends and professional connections that will last a lifetime but also in learning leadership skills to help you manage a chapter or manage a team at work. The Southern Region also will provide opportunities for you to network with others from around our part of the country.
If you’re still looking for reasons to attend, here are a few more:
- Connect: Meet with IABC leaders from around the world to share best practices and exchange ideas.
- Leadership Development: Learn success tips from other IABC leaders like you that can easily be applied to your chapter.
- Sunshine: Austin is one of the sunniest cities in the U.S. and averages 300 sunny days per year.
- Food: Tacos, BBQ, and food trucks galore. Chefs are flocking to Austin and reinventing the culinary scene. This will be an epic Dine Around!
- Music: Known as the live music capital of the world, Austin has more than 200 live music venues and more than 1,900 bands that perform in and around the city.
- Culture: Visit the Cathedral of Junk, a museum, or any of the other entertainment districts.
I look forward to welcoming you all to my hometown in Feb. 2020!
Mark Evans, SCMP
2019-2020 IABC Southern Region Chair