The IABC Southern Region has 24 chapters and more than 1,200 members spread across 13 U.S. states, the Caribbean and Latin America, one of the broadest global geographic regions. Our level of diversity truly gives credence to the International in IABC.The Region is established as a resource for chapter leaders and provides professional development and connection opportunities for both chapter members and members-at-large including the Annual Regional Conference. Denver will be the site of the 2020 conference and New Orleans in 2021.
Board members are required, at minimum, to fulfill the roles as outlined by the job descriptions, as well as participation in monthly board conference calls and attendance at three face-to-face meetings per year.
The following positions are available for the 2020-2021 Board term:
Board of Directors:
- Vice President for Chapter Services (1-year term, renewable for a second consecutive term)
- Vice President for Regional Development (1-year term, renewable for a second consecutive term)
- Members-at-Large Director (1-year term, renewable for a second consecutive term)
- Chapter Service Director (2-year term)
- Region Conference Committee Members
- Awards Committee Members
- Communications Committee Members
- Region Growth & Development Committee Members
- Leadership Development Committee Members