Get ready to submit your communications work—whether its routine communications or something you’ve worked hard to pull off during COVID-19—for a 2020 IABC Southern Region Silver Quill Award!
This year we are offering 25 additional categories specific to COVID-19 communications. You may enter work implemented, published, or broadcast between Jan. 1, 2019, and the day of submission. We will begin accepting entries Tuesday, July 21, 2020.
About our COVID-19 categories
We added two divisions specific to COVID-19 communications, so we can recognize your hard work this year in regards to COVID-19:
- Division 5: COVID-19 Communication Management, Research, and Training
- Division 6: COVID-19 Communication Skills
Get double the recognition for your work by entering the normal quill category and the COVID-19 category!
COVID-19 communications may include:
- Infographics promoting hand hygiene or how to wear a face mask
- Social media campaigns promoting hand cleaning and/or face mask requirements
- Communication plans for how to transition to work from home and return to work
- External communications sharing how employees are being protected or how the company is giving back during these challenging times
- Communication plans for virtual meetings
- New websites or subsites providing COVID-19 updates
- Research to gauge what employees will need as they return to work and communication plans to help them return successfully
- Workplace signage and strategies to ensure social distancing and cleaning requirements of employees as they return to work
- Employee notices for mandatory daily health screenings
Make plans to celebrate with us—virtually
We will recognize all of our Silver Quill Award winners during the IABC Southern Region Virtual Awards Gala, to be held via Zoom on the evening of Thursday, Nov. 12, 2020. This is your chance to let your communication work shine and receive the recognition you deserve—and all without travel expenses!
Even if entering or winning just isn’t in the cards for you this year—we hope you’ll still join us and help recognize your fellow communication professionals from the Southern Region. You do not want to miss this fun event that will celebrate award-winning entries, resilient communication professionals, and making the best of these difficult COVID-19 times we’re living through!